A few of my favorite Recipes!
These are staple meals in my house that are “A-little-bit picky husband approved”!
One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff: https://frommybowl.com/one-pot-mushroom-stroganoff/
One Pot Pasta (along with 5 other aweome ideas: https://www.facebook.com/tastyvegetarian/videos/1983771148551432/
Pulled Jackfruit: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/6-ingredient-pulled-jackfruit/
Spiced Chickpea Wraps w/ Tahini Dressing: https://www.kathyshealthyliving.com/vegetarian-dishes/spiced-chickpea-wraps-with-tahini-dressing-thug-kitchen
Sweet Potato Sushi (I often just to cucumber, carrots, avocado, sometimes with thinly sliced mango on top): https://www.rawtillwhenever.com/sriracha-sweet-potato-tempura-vegan-sushi/
Chickpea Tuna Wraps/Sandwiches: http://ohsheglows.com/2015/07/21/chickpea-salad/
Coconut Curry Red Lentil Soup: http://www.themostlyvegan.com/coconut-curry-red-lentil-soup/
Bean Burgers: https://holycowvegan.net/bean-and-oats-burgers/
Just a little extra goodness … My MOST favorite desserts EVER – like I almost don’t want to share 🙂
- Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake – OH MY GOSH is all I’ll say – https://baketheneat.com/slow-cooker-vegan-hot-fudge-sauce-chocolate-cake/
- THE BEST, seriously the absolute BEST cookies I have EVER had – https://tasty.co/recipe/vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies
**** Things I make without recipes ****
- Pizza (toppings: broccoli, spinach, chickpeas, pineapple, olives, onions, mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes, nutritional yeast, corn, whatever is left in the fridge pretty much!)
- Quesadilla’s – whole wheat tortillas, with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, spinach, peppers, and dairy free cheese
- Sandwiches – Avocado, tomato, tempeh … you can’t go wrong!
I know tofu you either love or hate kind of food, but if you feel adventurous or love it like me, these are some great recipes to try!
How to cook Tofu like a Boss!! à https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQqfw8UAUY
Staple foods I always have on hand!
- Red & green/brown Lentils
- Organic Tofu (If you dig it!)
- Jackfruit (can now find it in superstore! in the ethic isle)
- Black Beans
- Chick peas
- Rice (I usually have white, brown and short grain white rice)
Store bought meat free alternatives:
- Beyond meat burgers (you can find these at Hearts Choices Café Market (NE, Calgary location)
- YVES has great groundless taco “meat” (superstore, Walmart)
- Tofurky has great “chicken”, comes in variety (safeway, sobeys)
- Gardein, lots of different options (Can find in Walmart, superstore I believe)
- Smoked tofu – really great for using in sandwiches, or tofu, or any type of rolls!
Must try restaurants (in YYC)!
- Hearts Choices (the Café Market in NE Calgary is my favorite, they are also at the Calgary’s Farmer Market and off Macleod)
- Regrub (bit more expensive but they have the best meat free burgers! and amazing fancy shakes!)
- Street Eatery (Meatless wings on Saturday’s and Tuesday, meatless “ribs” and the beyond meat burger!! Among a lot of other meat free dishes!)
- Ceili’s on 4th Wednesday has vegan wing night!
Check out some of my favorite youtubers/bloggers:
- Oh She Glows – http://ohsheglows.com/categories/recipes-2/
- Minimalistic Baker – https://minimalistbaker.com/
- High Carb Hannah – https://www.rawtillwhenever.com/recipes/ & https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs1uwp7bB1J_3r5xN2ioL_w
- Detoxinista – https://detoxinista.com/
- Hot For Food – https://www.youtube.com/user/hotforfoodblog & https://www.hotforfoodblog.com/cookbook
- The Edgy Veg – https://www.youtube.com/user/stillcurrentstudios
- Cheap Lazy Vegan – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEjkioV3LO_OIUaSWRxFZ3A
- It doesn’t taste like chicken – https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/