Ah! I’m so excited you came upon my page! Hopefully my blog can spark some motivation or positive thoughts in you as others have done for me!
Rather than going off on a long paragraph after paragraph about me, I’ll cut to the chase and list 10 interesting (or maybe important) information about myself…
1. My name is Denise… (I also like to go by DeKay) You can also follow me on Instagam! My username on there is: lighten.up3
2. I am a vegan, since September 27, 2015.
3. I am a 26 year old girlie girl whose favourite color ever is pink – of course!
4. I’m married….I got married on December 13, 2014 (12.13.14) to my wonderful hubby, George who I met in Edmonton, AB while my friend and I were up there for the PINK concert! He wasn’t at the concert, he was at the awesome bar afterwards…
5. We are the proud owners of two fluffy Keeshonds 💕
6. I have been struggling with weight issues/self-esteem issues since I was 12.
7. I am pretty horrible at almost all sports… and to be honest I am okay with that. I am not big on competition really. In fact, I pretty much hate sports.
8. My food addiction is anything carb-ish. Pizza, spaghetti, sandwiches… you know it. Salt would be my second food addiction…
9. I am in love love love with Eminem 💕💜💕💜💕💜💕
10. Inspiring and helping others (somehow, someway) is something I have always dreamed of doing. Having a successful blog/social media outlet is a dream/goal of mine!
That was not as easy as I thought it would be. It’s not often you have to list things off about yourself. Anyways, there is a lot more to me then those 10 points, but my posts will hopefully paint a good picture of who the rest of me is…
This blog is to represent and share my ‘lighten up’ journey with you. Not just physically, but emotionally. I didn’t need to just drop the weight, I really needed to let go of all negativity in my life. I hope that my journey and what I have learned (and continue to learn) can help someone.
One last thing, my door is always open. I may not have all the right answers, but maybe you just need a little support… well I’m more than willing to be that support! Please feel free to contact me through the comments…. until I get a proper email set up 🙂